Whew…almost there — only one day left of the A to Z Challenge! Today’s textspeak isn’t made up by me, nor does it have curse words in it. Imagine that, a legit, clean texting acronym! Don’t worry, though, some of the acronyms I passed up aren’t clean, and you can see them at the bottom.
Y isn’t for YOLO, because I’m not a douchebag*. Instead, Y is for —
- That I’ve edited a couple of books.
- That I have four tattoos and would like to have a Shakespeare themed half sleeve on my left arm.
- That we actually call Baby Girl “Baby Girl” a lot in real life. She hasn’t said her real name yet, but she refers to herself as Baby, Baby Girl, or My Baby.
- That I hate Seinfeld.
- That I don’t like animals. I’ll all about their rights and shit, but keep them away from me.
- That I think The Office is the best sitcom ever. I will fight you to the death if you suggest otherwise. The first few seasons of Parks and Recreation are a close second.
- That I have mad math skillz. I’m all Good Will Hunting when you need taxes or tips calculated. (Those count as mad math skillz, right?)
- That I have two left feet. I’m one of the clumsiest mofos you’ll ever meet.
- That — on the clumsy note — I don’t dance. At all. I hate it. I hated having to do it a couple times at my wedding, and it still makes me cringe thinking about it 10 years later.
- That I think yellow cake sucks. The batter will do, though.
Okay, maybe you did know some of that stuff since I’ve made a million or so posts, but maybe a couple things are new to you.
*It’s a joke, so please don’t get all offended with “But I use YOLO and I’m not a douchebag, YB!”
Alternative meaning: None.
Textspeak I passed up: YMMV (your mileage may vary), YBF (you’ve been fucked), YAOTM (yet another off topic message), YBS (you’ll be sorry), YCMTSU (you can’t make this shit up), YKWIM (you know what I mean), YB (you bitch), and YOLO (you only live once).
Care to share a YMNK tidbit about yourself?