While I was drying off Little Man after his bath tonight, he told me that he had a great idea for a new book. “I’ll call it How To Get Mad and teach everyone the different ways they can get mad. I’m going to work on it immediately.”
I let him know he had about 15 minutes after getting his pajamas on and brushing his teeth, and when I called him to come get in bed, he presented me with the following. (Consider this a Things Kids Say Thursday bonus–I couldn’t wait a week.)
- Stomp your feet.
- Make a mean face at your mom or dad.
- Punch a punching bag.
- Hold your breath and count to ten.
- Push your little sister down.
- Throw and kick things.
- Break something.
- Be disrespectful.
- Rip paper.
- Go to your room.
- Head-butt your dad.
- Break the batterys in your TV remote.
- Break the tip of a pencil.
- If you are in the shower or bath, splash water everywhere.
- Tear your cloths.
- Break a lamp.
- Run away for a while, and then come back.
- Tell your father I’m mad!
Numbers 13, 14, and 18 are my favorites. I’m pretty sure that breaking the tip of a pencil would really get your point across about being mad.
And, for the record, I did remind LM that certain things on his list aren’t appropriate ways to express anger. “I know Mom–it’s just realistic fiction!”