After watching the last Hobbit movie and The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring with Little Man last week, I decided that watching The Two Towers would be in order for today.
Little Man retrieved one of our copies of The Two Towers and brought it to my room, where I have been hiding out for the day (just one of those days).
“In a galaxy far, far away, there were two towers,” Little Man said in a deep voice as he inserted the DVD. Ha!
So, we watched the movie. LM was enthralled with Gollum, especially since he finally understands where some of the phrases his father and I use come from. “Why does it cry, Smeagol?”; “My preciousssss” and “Sneaky little hobbitses” are a few of which.
At the end, LM wants to know what’s next. “Is there another?! Please tell me that there’s another!”
“Yep, there is one more–The Return of the King,” I told him.
“What are we waiting for? Let’s put it in!”
What are we waiting for? Well, for starters, watching 7 hours worth of movies is pretty much a parenting no-no, right? Oh wait, that doesn’t apply to Lord of the Rings marathons! So in the movie went.
Now that we’ve finished ROTK, here are some of LM’s random thoughts:
- Samwise is the real hero of the movie. He’s the best, even better than Gandalf the Grey who is now Gandalf the White.
- There’s something wrong with Frodo. He was this close and didn’t want to throw the ring in. You know Sam would have.
- I don’t understand why they have to be in Middle Earth? Why can’t they just be on regular Earth?
- I still don’t understand why Gandalf can’t be grey anymore.
- Frodo is my second favorite character. But only when he doesn’t have the ring. He’s bad with the ring. I can’t stand him then.
- Gollum is a fancy pants traitor. Oh wait, he doesn’t have pants. He’s funny, but he’s bad.
- Legolas was only a little bit good.
- Why is this the last one? Why can’t they make more movies for The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings? This is so not fair.
- I hate happy endings. That mean’s the movie is over and there is no more to watch.
- Sam got married? Disgusting.