B is for Batman, the Poor Man’s Tony Stark

I had originally planned to write something about Batman for B in the April A to Z challenge, but I didn’t know quite where I would go with that until this morning.

My husband read the first A to Z post and bristled over the part where I jokingly referred to Batman as the “poor man’s Tony Stark.”

So naturally, this post has to be about why Batman is basically Iron Man–if Iron Man were having a really bad, hangover-type day.

Batman fans are pretty much like roadies. Fans are so in awe of the duality, his cool nicknames, the costume and vehicle combo, that they let those things distract them from all of Batman’s failings as a superhero. (I know, I know, he doesn’t want to be a superhero…sigh.)

But, let’s be honest–he would never beat Superman in a real fight, and it’s pretty much the awesome line of villains that make Batman interesting.

In Marvel Universe and Tony Stark’s world, Batman would be the sidekick. Do you need proof? Check it out:

Screenshot 2015-04-02 at 1.19.05 AM

It’s official, then. An somewhat anonymous blogger who has minimal Google spreadsheet skills decided to compare the two…what more do you need?!

Even though Batman was conceived of and appeared in print a couple of decades earlier than Iron Man and exists in a completely different comic book universe, he’s still very much Iron Man’s kid brother. Whatever Batman does, Iron Man will always one-up that–doesn’t matter whether we’re talking armor, fight moves, wit, skills in the sack, whatever.

I’m pretty sure steam will be coming out of my husband’s ears at this point, so that, combined with writing about the letter B for the day, and I’d say mission accomplished.

60886571

(Confession: I really do enjoy Batman. And, no, that’s not the nickname the hubby goes by in the sack. I just like giving my husband a hard time. And everyone else. And Superman would win every freaking time.)

Advertisements

33 thoughts on “B is for Batman, the Poor Man’s Tony Stark

1. For some reason I’ve never been able to really love Iron Man! But I do respect that he has pretty kick ass futuristic tech compared to the B-Man.
    Maybe it’s the darkness and brooding nature of batman that wins him so many fans. Also, as you pointed out – the intricate stories of his villains!
    I do looove the Joker and Harley Quinn! ❀

Liked by 1 person

2. SD Gates says:

Ok – first the chart comparing Batman and Ironman is totally hilarious. I like Ironman, but I don’t know, Batman has class, you just don’t see anymore. Ironman has that thing in his chest, which is very concerning to me. We used to watch the black and white Batman and Robin TV show. I really liked that show, with all the pop-up words when they clobbered people. Always wanted a Batmobile.

Liked by 1 person

3. NotAPunkRocker says:

I shared this on twitter. I may have referred to you as a blasphemer. No offense.

Tony Stark is cool enough, but Bruce Wayne is cooler, no doubt πŸ˜€

Liked by 2 people

• Anxious Mom says:

I get called a blasphemer a lot anyway (pretty sure my gang sign Jesus bit nailed that one down….dammit I can’t stop).

Roadie πŸ˜‰

• NotAPunkRocker says:

πŸ˜€

Are you on Pinterest? I only ask because I finally fell for the trap…I mean, found a pic of people throwing signs that got transformed into Cat’s Cradle instead πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

4. i’d say batman is more like iron man’s grandfather – the first of the regular guy/millionaire to become a vigilante – Iron Man has cooler technology because it’s available in his generation, but still more of a descendant than competition. Fun post! I love them both!

Liked by 1 person

• Anxious Mom says:

Batman has some awesome stuff now, but still hasn’t done much to solve that flying problem. Then again, Tony needs to black box up his arc reactor and keep that mess safe. πŸ˜‰

5. Thanks for ruining batman for me LOL Because you are so right.. gosh! it is the awesome line of villains that make batman look cool, that’s so true and I never thought about that until now.. so thanks! hahaha This was an awesome post.. thanks for laugh πŸ™‚

Liked by 2 people

• Anxious Mom says:

Haha! I realize now that I left off an important part of the appeal-the voice. I could listen to RDJr read from a telephone book I believe.

6. Great chart πŸ˜€ But I am too inclined with Batman to think of him as a sidekick. No No. I often think people love Tony Stark because of what Downing did too πŸ˜‰ Not that I blame them.

Liked by 1 person

• Anxious Mom says:

πŸ˜ƒ Yes, I’m not so sure the IM vibe would have been as strong with another actor (except Tom Hanks). From the many, many IM/Avengers series I’ve watched with the boy, he comes off as barely tolerable.

7. Nice comparison! Even though you kind of have ruined Batman for us all… But imagine how good Batman’s gadgets would be if he also had a dad who’d spent his whole life developing genius inventions. πŸ˜‰ But then, I guess he wouldn’t be batman if he had a dad.

Liked by 1 person

• Anxious Mom says:

Haha, I can’t include any options that make Tony look bad, must keep things as skewed in his favor as possible. πŸ˜‰

Write Some Words, Yo

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w